IAFS Internship Program
The IAFS 4930: Internship in International Affairs class offers credit for internationally-focused work with a variety of organizations in the United States and abroad. The university requires that students take the internship class while they are interning -- students looking for an internship can start with the IAFS 4930 links to approved internships. The class is offered for 3 credits. For students declaring the IAFS major in Fall 2014 or later, IAFS 4930 fulfills the Off-Campus Experience requirement of the International Affairs curriculum. For students who declared the IAFS majors before Fall 2014, please consult with Dr. Vicki Hunter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the IAFS internship class, contact internship director Vicki Hunter at email@example.com. Students can enroll themselves in IAFS 4930.
Helpful Links and Forms
- Syllabi & Class Resources page with IAFS 4930 syllabi
- Off-Campus Experience page for IAFS major requirements (for majors declaring Fall 14 or later)
- CU in DC -- Semester-long professional intership in Washington D.C.
- CU Public Interest Internship Experience (PIIE) Program - For summer interns, Career Services provides funding for internships focused on civic engagements
- List of IAFS 4930 approved internships -- this is not a comprehensive list, but provides ideas for students in IAFS 4930
- Click here for the FAQ for students applying to the IAFS internship program or participating in the current internship class
- Internship supervisor evaluation
- Prospectus explanation document from Vicki Hunter
This document must be filled out by all students who are doing an internship, once they start at their placements. Download a pdf of the document here.
- Curriculum & Programs
- Student Groups & Awards
- News & Events
- Professional Development
- People & Contact
Fall 2014 at IAFS: Click here for Fall Registration information as well as the Registrar's Fall 2014 deadlines. Click here for the IAFS Fall 2014 semester schedule. Visit our News & Events section for upcoming activities. IAFS syllabi will be posted here and faculty office hours will be posted soon. Graduating during the 2014-2015 academic year? There will be one IAFS Graduation Commencement for 2014-2015 IAFS graduates, which will be on Friday, May 8th, 2015. Please note, there will not be a 2014 IAFS Winter Graduation Ceremony. See our IAFS graduation ceremony dates and details, as well as University of Colorado Boulder graduation commencement information. Like the CU Boulder IAFS Facebook page to keep up to date with IAFS.